Transfers to and from Heathrow Airport
King’s College provides a transfer service to and from Heathrow Airport at the start and end of every term and all half term breaks.
The journey time from Heathrow is around three hours and pupils are accompanied on the coach by a member of staff. If flight timings do not fit or demand is low at certain times, King’s College staff can help pupils arrange taxis and assist with rail transfers instead. The cost of school transport to Heathrow Airport is £60 per pupil (or split between travellers) and is added to their end of term invoice. Taxi charges are dependent on day and time of travel, but to Heathrow usually cost £165 or £265 for evening / weekend travel.
- If transport is required, parents/guardians are asked to complete the online travel request form. This is also available on the school portal. It is also sent to all parents/guardians of boarders at the start of each term and half term.
- Changes to the schedule are rare and parents will be given as much notice as possible of any changes or amendments.
- Seats are allocated on a first-come first-served basis. Travel request forms must be received by the School 10 days prior to the scheduled departure date.
- All coaches depart from either Carpenter Car Park (outward) or Heathrow Terminal 3 (inward).
- General information, meeting points, the coach times, travel between terminals at Heathrow airport and condition of carriage can be found below.
Any queries relating to travel can be emailed to: email@example.com.
Boarders Travel Form