Transfers to and from Heathrow Airport
King’s College provides a transfer service to and from Heathrow Airport at the start and end of every term and all half term breaks.
The journey time from Heathrow is around three hours and pupils are accompanied on the coach by a member of staff. If flight timings do not fit, King’s College staff can help pupils arrange taxis and assist with rail transfers instead. The cost of school transport to Heathrow Airport is £60 per pupil (or split between travellers) and is added to their end of term invoice.
- If transport is required, parents/guardians are asked to complete the online travel request form. This is also available on the school portal.
- Changes to the schedule are rare and parents will be given as much notice as possible of any changes or amendments.
- Seats are allocated on a first-come first-served basis. Travel request forms must be received by the School 10 days prior to the scheduled departure date.
- All coaches depart from either Carpenter Car Park (outward) or Heathrow Terminal 3 (inward). Due to the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions in the UK, Heathrow airport has closed Terminal 3 which is our normal pickup location. Therefore, the meeting point will now be at Terminal 2 outside arrivals until further notice.
- General information, meeting points, travel between terminals at Heathrow airport and condition of carriage can be found below.
Any queries relating to travel can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bristol and Exeter Airports
School Minibus Transfers
King’s College also provides school minibus transfers to and from Bristol and Exeter airports at the start and end of every term and all half term breaks, if there is sufficient demand otherwise taxi's will be booked. Any enquiries should also be addressed to email@example.com. The cost of school transport is £15 per pupil and is added to their end of term invoice.
For taxi transfers the school uses a reputable taxi firm called A1 Taxis. Transfers can be arranged through the school by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, or by pupils collecting a form from the Administration & Examinations office.
If a taxi has been booked, pupils should ring the taxi company on 01823 332211 when they are leaving the airport and the taxi driver will drive round to meet them in front of the airport. If the pupil cannot find the driver they should ring the same A1 number and contact their Houseparent to let them know. Please be aware that any taxi transfers arranged through school will still be charged to the school bill in the event of the pupil no longer taking the transfer, unless sufficient notice of cancellation is given.