Sport is pivotal to the all-round development of pupils at King's College. It provides engagement, responsibility, enjoyment, and a sense of pride in many achievements, regardless of scale or magnitude. King's Sport aims to actively enable young people to take on a variety of challenges to help build confidence, take leadership roles, and enable them to work as part of a team.
Our sport is built on the ideals of a healthy and balanced lifestyle, respect, discipline and a sense of sporting integrity. Throughout, it is firmly believed that everyone has something valuable to offer, and the systems in place aim to encourage general participation in an inclusive programme covering a wide number of sporting opportunities.
Pupils are able to participate in the Main Games programme which encompasses training and fixtures against other like-minded schools within the region. King's pupils are able to work within a team to represent the school and learn about the camaraderie of playing sport with others, appreciating that it is as much about social interaction as it is about performing on the sports field. Beyond the Main Games there is great diversity to the sports programme. Pupils can access further activities to enhance their enjoyment, and allow them to participate in something new, often giving new insight about their teachers, as they often share passions for sports as coaches.
With endeavour and natural ability King's has a proven track record of developing the elite. Outstanding technical coaching and first-class facilities, including a new double floodlit astro turf, have meant that those with exceptional ability have been nurtured towards taking the next steps at the highest levels of performance.
Overall King's passionately believes in the values of sport and the positive impact that it has upon the young men and women who participate in the programmes. Through sport we aim to enrich the lives of all, whilst also providing an environment which allows those who can the opportunity to excel.
- I love my time at King's and find it a fantastic school to be part of. Meiling
- Personally I think King's has some of the nicest people. Annie
- King's is an amazing place to be and what makes it special is it feels just like home. Louise
- I can tell I'm going to like it here! Amelia
- The sport at King's is very good and at a high standard. Meiling
- When I was at my prep school I always thought of King's as a school where there were more opportunities and I was completely right. Jamie
- I can already see that this is probably going to be the best few years of my life so far. I have enjoyed every moment of every lesson. Toby
- There's just so much food, it’s like a feast … every meal time! Annabelle
- King’s is a great school and I am so glad that I came here. I can tell that it was the best decision for me. Louise
- Ever since I got here, everyone has been so friendly and welcoming; it has been so easy to settle in. Toby
- First impressions are exciting and impressive. Alicia
- The hockey is very sociable and a good way to get to know your friends. Annie
- I like this school more and more every day. The teachers are good and make lessons fun. Henry
- One of my first impressions of King's was the atmosphere. Everyone seemed happy and was enjoying themselves. George
- What really impressed me was the size of the campus and vast expanding playing fields. Alicia
- The teachers are very enthusiastic and will inspire you. Nancy
- The staff are kind, the subjects are interesting, the facilities are good and I can safely say when I am grown up, I will think back happily of my memories at King's. David
- My house is very warm and lovely, everyone in there is like a family. I like getting to know the older pupils and having that bond with them as well as my own year. Meiling
- As soon as I walked into the main hall on my tour I knew King's Taunton was the school for me. Joe
- The atmosphere is just wonderful for learning. Hendrik
- I love it. And I've made loads of new friends. I can't believe the first four weeks have already gone. Leo
- It's amazing. The teachers are brilliant, they are so friendly and enthusiastic. I just want to learn here. Leo