Please click on the videos below to hear more about the benefits of a King's College education.
King’s College has a long history of caring for and educating children from a service background. We understand that military family life has its challenges and want to ensure that the children of serving personnel are educated in a nurturing and stable environment.
What makes our school different and why do so many military families send their children to King’s?
- We are a reasonably small school and know each child as an individual, placing emphasis on pastoral care as well as on academic achievement.
- We offer your child a home-from-home environment in which to live, learn and grow.
- We have a good number of children from service backgrounds, who understand the pressures of being part of a military family, and who actively care and support each other.
- We strongly encourage all children and their parents to maintain regular contact via telephone, text, Skype and email. Housemasters/mistresses and academic staff can also be contacted directly.
- We achieve strong GCSE and A level results, with many pupils going on to Oxbridge and other Russell Group universities. We also have extensive experience in getting leavers into universities overseas, often on scholarships.
- We offer an extensive range of extra-curricular activities alongside a full schedule of weekend trips and social events. Full boarders make up over 60% of the school community, meaning that the school is never quiet at the weekend.
- Our outstanding CCF and leading outdoor pursuits department are strong features of King’s.
- Our excellent catering team provide three first-rate cooked meals a day, as well as morning and and afternoon tea. There is also a tuckshop available in each house.
- We are located within easy walking distance of the centre of a large market town in Somerset, with excellent rail and motorway connections. Our campus offers superb boarding, academic, creative and sporting facilities.
- We offer a transport service to and from Heathrow, Bristol and Exeter airports.
For an informal discussion please contact our Director of Admissions, Kate Rippin: