- Cross Country
- Hockey Boys
- Hockey Girls
- Match reports
- Michaelmas 2011
- Michaelmas 2010
- Lent 2013 Sevens
- Lent 2012 Sevens
- Lent 2011 Sevens
- Tennis Boys
- Tennis Girls
- Match day information
- Directions to fixtures
- Extra-Curricular Activities
King's College has had a strong rugby tradition for many years now, including winning the National Schools Sevens (Rosslyn Park) twice in the last 20 years , and reaching the quarter-final of the Under 15 Daily Mail Vase last season.
King's fields nine teams every Saturday, three senior teams and six junior teams. King's aims to both stretch the best players who represent the 1st XV or the junior A teams, and to develop the skills of any boy who likes rugby but whose ability or size may be more appropriate to a B team. Recently, three players were involved in the England Schools Barbarians set-up.
Our current fixture list includes all the local schools such as Queen's, Wellington, Taunton School and Blundell's, as well as Cheltenham College, Monmouth and Clifton. The junior sides also play the local state schools that offer rugby. In addition, both the Under 15 side and the 1st XV enter the Daily Mail Cup. This is a tough fixture list, but it is hoped that our strongest sides will win most, but not necessarily all their games, and in weaker years some victories are still likely.
Each team has its own coach, who is on the teaching staff, and former pupils are encouraged to come back and help at coaching sessions.
In addition to 15-a-side boys' rugby, which is the main sport in the Michaelmas term, there is also 7-a-side rugby in the Lent term for seniors, Under 16s and sometimes Under 14s. Also in the Lent term, rugby is available as an option for girls, and it is hoped that soon the girls may be able to enter a 7-a-side competition.
Our vision is that pupils will leave school having enjoyed their rugby, and will want to carry it on after school either at club or university level.
- I love my time at King's and find it a fantastic school to be part of. Meiling
- Personally I think King's has some of the nicest people. Annie
- King's is an amazing place to be and what makes it special is it feels just like home. Louise
- I can tell I'm going to like it here! Amelia
- The sport at King's is very good and at a high standard. Meiling
- When I was at my prep school I always thought of King's as a school where there were more opportunities and I was completely right. Jamie
- I can already see that this is probably going to be the best few years of my life so far. I have enjoyed every moment of every lesson. Toby
- There's just so much food, it’s like a feast … every meal time! Annabelle
- King’s is a great school and I am so glad that I came here. I can tell that it was the best decision for me. Louise
- Ever since I got here, everyone has been so friendly and welcoming; it has been so easy to settle in. Toby
- First impressions are exciting and impressive. Alicia
- The hockey is very sociable and a good way to get to know your friends. Annie
- I like this school more and more every day. The teachers are good and make lessons fun. Henry
- One of my first impressions of King's was the atmosphere. Everyone seemed happy and was enjoying themselves. George
- What really impressed me was the size of the campus and vast expanding playing fields. Alicia
- The teachers are very enthusiastic and will inspire you. Nancy
- The staff are kind, the subjects are interesting, the facilities are good and I can safely say when I am grown up, I will think back happily of my memories at King's. David
- My house is very warm and lovely, everyone in there is like a family. I like getting to know the older pupils and having that bond with them as well as my own year. Meiling
- As soon as I walked into the main hall on my tour I knew King's Taunton was the school for me. Joe
- The atmosphere is just wonderful for learning. Hendrik
- I love it. And I've made loads of new friends. I can't believe the first four weeks have already gone. Leo
- It's amazing. The teachers are brilliant, they are so friendly and enthusiastic. I just want to learn here. Leo