- Cross Country
- Hockey Boys
- Hockey Girls
- Events Lent 2013
- Events Michaelmas 2012
- Events Summer 2012
- Events Lent 2012
- Events Michaelmas 2011
- Events Summer 2011
- Events Michaelmas 2010
- Event reports
- Tennis Boys
- Tennis Girls
- Match day information
- Directions to fixtures
- Extra-Curricular Activities
Results from the recent King's College Inter-School Show Jumping Competition on 30th September 2012 are available here.
Riding is a popular and successful activity at King's College. King's is the ideal place for your son or daughter to pursue their passion for riding and/or competing, as well as take part in a number of additional, varied extra-curricular activities, and get an excellent academic education. It is common to hear in an assembly report the name of a rider who has played a pivotal role in a rugby, hockey or netball fixture on Saturday, as well as being part of a triumphant equestrian team the following day! We do not select riders for teams; entry is open to all who wish to compete and have fun - this makes all our successes even more rewarding!
If you have your own horse locally we can help you integrate riding into your school day, and if you would like to stable your own horse nearby while you are boarding we can help with that too!
Inter-school competitions take place throughout the year and almost every Sunday during the Michaelmas term. As members of the National Schools Equestrian Association (NSEA) we regularly enter teams and individuals in NSEA competitions for eventing, show jumping, dressage and jumping with style (JWS) as well as other local school events. Our teams are regularly placed at these events and the riders thoroughly enjoy competing. Each year a small group of riders attend an inspirational private cross-country clinic with world-class gold medallist and six times Olympic Three-Day eventer Mary King.
Riding lessons are offered at local BHS approved riding schools to all pupils, and we cater for all abilities from complete beginners to experienced competitors. In the future we hope to offer Polo lessons and trail rides on the Quantocks.
If you have any questions regarding riding activities at King's College please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Gresswell, head of riding.
- I love my time at King's and find it a fantastic school to be part of. Meiling
- Personally I think King's has some of the nicest people. Annie
- King's is an amazing place to be and what makes it special is it feels just like home. Louise
- I can tell I'm going to like it here! Amelia
- The sport at King's is very good and at a high standard. Meiling
- When I was at my prep school I always thought of King's as a school where there were more opportunities and I was completely right. Jamie
- I can already see that this is probably going to be the best few years of my life so far. I have enjoyed every moment of every lesson. Toby
- There's just so much food, it’s like a feast … every meal time! Annabelle
- King’s is a great school and I am so glad that I came here. I can tell that it was the best decision for me. Louise
- Ever since I got here, everyone has been so friendly and welcoming; it has been so easy to settle in. Toby
- First impressions are exciting and impressive. Alicia
- The hockey is very sociable and a good way to get to know your friends. Annie
- I like this school more and more every day. The teachers are good and make lessons fun. Henry
- One of my first impressions of King's was the atmosphere. Everyone seemed happy and was enjoying themselves. George
- What really impressed me was the size of the campus and vast expanding playing fields. Alicia
- The teachers are very enthusiastic and will inspire you. Nancy
- The staff are kind, the subjects are interesting, the facilities are good and I can safely say when I am grown up, I will think back happily of my memories at King's. David
- My house is very warm and lovely, everyone in there is like a family. I like getting to know the older pupils and having that bond with them as well as my own year. Meiling
- As soon as I walked into the main hall on my tour I knew King's Taunton was the school for me. Joe
- The atmosphere is just wonderful for learning. Hendrik
- I love it. And I've made loads of new friends. I can't believe the first four weeks have already gone. Leo
- It's amazing. The teachers are brilliant, they are so friendly and enthusiastic. I just want to learn here. Leo