The Association of former pupils of King's College is known as the Old Aluredian Club, (Alured being an ancient form of Alfred, the king after whom the school was named when the Reverend Nathaniel Woodard re-founded the college as King Alfred's School in 1880). Membership of the club includes access to the benefit fund which can extend help to club members in emergencies, and grants bursaries from time to time to sons or daughters of members.
The OA Club arranges regular dinners, receptions and sports events, and sends regular newsletters to members. It is an excellent way of remaining a part of the King's College community once a pupil has left. Membership subscriptions are payable by means of termly instalments throughout a pupil's time at the school, so that Life Membership is provided for when a pupil leaves the school, unless parents indicate in writing that they do not wish the subscription to be paid in this way.
Full details of the club and its activities can be obtained from the OA Club Secretary, Patrick Scanlan, c/o King's College. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01823 328184 / 01823 328238
Visit the OA Club website at www.aluredian.co.uk.
To view the latest OA Club newsletter click here.
This year we are celebrating over 150 years' service from four key members of staff. To view what they had to say about their time at King's click the links below:
Tuesday 21 May 2013
2013 London Reception in The Museum at Lord's Cricket Ground
Thursday 6 June 2013
Pelican Golf Society Public School Putting Competition - Royal Wembledon
Sunday 23 June 2013
Pelican Golf Society match v Masters & Boys at Taunton and Pickeridge Golf Club
Saturday 29 June 2013
OA Open Day, King’s College Taunton
Tuesday 9 July 2013
King’s Cricket box @ Somerset v Sussex at Somerset County Cricket Club
Thursday 8 August 2013
Pelican Golf Society match v Old Cliftonians and Old Blundellians - Bristol and Clifton Golf Club
Thursday 12 September 2013
King’s Cricket box @ Somerset v Surrey at Somerset County Cricket Club
Friday 13 September 2013
Pelican Golf Society 2 day meeting - Trevose Golf and Country Club
Sunday 22 September 2013
1975-1977 Reunion - King's College Taunton
Saturday 9 November 2013
OA Club 2013 Annual Reunion Dinner
For further information on forthcoming events visit the OA Club website at www.aluredian.co.uk.
King's College Business Network
The King’s College Business Network is a new initiative to help all members of the school community make the most of King’s connections. It will help recent leavers and young OAs with their career choices, as well as providing networking opportunities for those in established careers and advice for those looking to change careers. The King’s College Network is open to all members of the King’s community of pupils, recent leavers, OAs, parents and Friends.
Sixth formers at King’s will be put in touch with members of the Network to help them make choices regarding universities, courses and careers. As pupils leave King’s they will be asked to join the Network and give help to sixth form pupils making university and course choices.
While at University, OAs will have the opportunity to contact members of the Network for advice in their chosen career. Help received could range from advice, face-to-face meetings or work experience.
The Network is always open and available to any member of the King’s Community looking for careers information, networking and advice.
If you want to be part of the Network, to either give or receive advice, please contact Leisa Lavender, Director of Development, on 01823 328238.
OAs go on to pursue a huge variety of careers. Many have a strong entrepreneurial streak and start their own businesses. We are keen to promote our OAs’ businesses both to their fellow alumni and to the King’s community of parents and Friends. We would like to create an online business directory. To help us fulfil this aim, we ask you to complete this form and return to the OA Club Office. To do this, you can fill in the attachment on your computer, and return to us using our free postal address (can be found on the bottom of the form).
- I love my time at King's and find it a fantastic school to be part of. Meiling
- Personally I think King's has some of the nicest people. Annie
- King's is an amazing place to be and what makes it special is it feels just like home. Louise
- I can tell I'm going to like it here! Amelia
- The sport at King's is very good and at a high standard. Meiling
- When I was at my prep school I always thought of King's as a school where there were more opportunities and I was completely right. Jamie
- I can already see that this is probably going to be the best few years of my life so far. I have enjoyed every moment of every lesson. Toby
- There's just so much food, it’s like a feast … every meal time! Annabelle
- King’s is a great school and I am so glad that I came here. I can tell that it was the best decision for me. Louise
- Ever since I got here, everyone has been so friendly and welcoming; it has been so easy to settle in. Toby
- First impressions are exciting and impressive. Alicia
- The hockey is very sociable and a good way to get to know your friends. Annie
- I like this school more and more every day. The teachers are good and make lessons fun. Henry
- One of my first impressions of King's was the atmosphere. Everyone seemed happy and was enjoying themselves. George
- What really impressed me was the size of the campus and vast expanding playing fields. Alicia
- The teachers are very enthusiastic and will inspire you. Nancy
- The staff are kind, the subjects are interesting, the facilities are good and I can safely say when I am grown up, I will think back happily of my memories at King's. David
- My house is very warm and lovely, everyone in there is like a family. I like getting to know the older pupils and having that bond with them as well as my own year. Meiling
- As soon as I walked into the main hall on my tour I knew King's Taunton was the school for me. Joe
- The atmosphere is just wonderful for learning. Hendrik
- I love it. And I've made loads of new friends. I can't believe the first four weeks have already gone. Leo
- It's amazing. The teachers are brilliant, they are so friendly and enthusiastic. I just want to learn here. Leo