Quick Links for
King’s College is a boarding and day school for around 460 boys and girls aged 13 to 18. Inspired teaching, superb facilities, and our Christian ethos combine to create an environment in which young people achieve great things.
Founded in 1880, King’s College has an excellent academic record. We offer a broad curriculum covering the full range of academic and creative subjects. Science, maths, and an award winning design technology department are amongst our strengths. Thriving art, music and drama departments offer opportunities for creative skill development.
King’s Hall School and King’s College are both small enough to be a
family, yet large enough to perform at the highest level. We prize
students’ achievements in sport, in the arts, and in the community no
less than their academic successes. Above all we value their happiness
and well-being. We like to think of ourselves as exceptionally happy
schools, but also busy and purposeful communities. Our pupils leave us
very well-qualified, but more importantly, they leave as well-rounded,
Subject to availability both schools are able to offer some flexible boarding places. King's College offers a minimum of one year stay and King's Hall offers short stay boarding (from one month to one year).
Why Choose Us?
King’s Hall School and King’s College are exceptionally happy, thriving boarding and day schools situated in the heart of Somerset. Providing quality education for 3 to 18 year olds, both schools are members of the respected Woodard Corporation and are situated in Taunton.
- We follow a traditional curriculum, with challenging academic subjects prefered by universities, taught by teachers chosen for their deep knowledge of the subject and their infectious enthusiasm. 98% of pupils go on to University, many to Oxford, Cambridge and other international universities.
- But the best possible academic results are just the start. Our aim
is to engender wonder and excitement and an enthusiasm for learning,
underpinned by the living community and the pastoral care within which
our pupils feel safe, happy, loved and valued.
- Our schools are special places for nurturing the spirit. Our
approach is generous, outward-looking, caring and challenging: a
lifelong foundation for success and personal fulfilment.
- Boarding is a strong feature, which contributes to the real family
atmosphere. The schools are small enough to be friendly and yet large
enough to compete nationally. The outstanding modern facilities and
stunning locations ensure that children enjoy a challenging all-round
education in a progressive, secure and stimulating environment.
- Our international numbers stay at 18% of the overall school community. Pupils are fully integrated across all seven boarding houses and take an active part in school life.
- As with all Woodard schools, great emphasis is placed on developing the individual: kindness, consideration, courtesy and respect for one another are fundamental to the ethos of the schools. A good work ethic and small class sizes help sustain progress, and specialist teaching is the norm. We aim to identify the natural ability in every child, developing special, well-balanced, confident people through activities such as music, performing arts, sport, Forest School, Combined Cadet Force and Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme.
- Weekend cultural trips are organised each term along with other social events that your child would be able to participate in.