Important Information


Any pupil who does not hold an EU passport will require a visa in order to study full-time in the UK. A pupil will not be allowed to begin their education at King’s College without proof of the correct visa.

Further information regarding this can be found by visiting:

For any non-EU passport holders, sponsorship will be granted

from King’s College in order to produce a CAS letter for your child. Once in

the UK, a designated member of school staff will collect granted BRP’s from the

local collection section during the first week of term.

UKiset Testing

King’s College uses UKiset as part of our assessment of pupils based overseas.

Entrance Exams

All pupils joining King's are required to sit maths, English and verbal reasoning (VR) assessments. The VR assessment is not possible to prepare for and will take an hour to complete.

An offer of a place will be given to those successful candidates and will be sent out the week following the entrance assessment days,

subject to receiving satisfactory school reports and Common Entrance results (should your child be prepared for these).

Agents and Guardians

We use a select number of agencies who we have worked closely with during the last few years. These are located around the world and we value each pupil who is presented to King’s College.

Guardians have a strong role to play in the pastoral care of international pupils at King's College. There are days when it is essential that your child,

whatever their age, has a guardian who is living in this country. Some of the pupils

come through agencies, which provide guardianship services, others prefer to

use local families. We may be able to put parents in contact with local agencies

who are known to the school, but this can in no way be considered as a


Obligations of a Guardian

  • To provide or arrange accommodation for the pupil:

– During school holidays if agreed with parents.

– If the school has to close temporarily because of an emergency e.g. fire or epidemic.

– If the pupil is suspended or expelled, or has had to have a period away from the school for medical reasons.

  • To take decisions in emergencies on behalf of the parents in cases where the school is not empowered to do so.
  • To keep in touch with the pupil’s Housemaster or Housemistress and to ensure that they know the guardian’s up-to-date address, telephone number etc.

In order to carry out these duties it is essential that the guardian should be a householder (i.e. not a student), be over the age of 25, be able to speak English and be accessible by telephone.

Back to the top of the page