Boys' hockey is flourishing at King's. Just like the girls' programme, boy's hockey at King's is designed to be varied, purposeful and enjoyable, providing each and every player with a sense of achievement and a positive attitude towards living a healthy lifestyle.
- We have a team of 14 coaches of boys' hockey, including a specialist goalkeeper coach; several of whom have had National, JRPC, JAC and JDC coaching and playing experience. These coaches run our 9 boys teams.
- The coaching is progressive, excellence, when and where appropriate, is pursued. This is made possible by first-class facilities, professional coaches, a large pool of player talent, and a challenging fixture list embraced within our progressive philosophy which closely aligns with the England Hockey coaching philosophy. We invest in our coaching staff to ensure they are best able to work with our players.
- Individuals are encouraged to seek representative honours in the England Hockey Single System and are thoroughly supported throughout. Tours are undertaken on a regular basis.
- Our facilities include two state-of-the-art sand-dressed artificial turf pitches, opened in December 2009 by Simon Mantel (England and GB) and former pupil Maddie Hinch (England and GB U21), and an older sand-filled turf. Our fantastic facilities enable us to host county and divisional tournaments at King's.
- The Director of Hockey for the girls' and boys' at King's is Clare Hayes, an EHB Level 4 coach. Clare is also an England Hockey Centrally Contracted Coach at the Exeter Junior Regional Performance Centre and has worked with boys and girls at the England Hockey Futures Cup’s, HIPAC’s and worked as an assistant with the England U16 girls. Clare also currently works at the England Hockey advanced apprenticeship in sporting excellence camps (AASE).
- We enter the National Schools competitions at U14, U16 and U18 level and play in the local U16 and U18 indoor league.
- The players are able to have one to one and small group coaching sessions with Clare throughout the summer term and we enter a boys’ team in the local club summer league. We try to enable the players who wish to be able, to access hockey all year round.
- We run regular holiday camp programmes to which all are very welcome.
- We welcome everyone who wants to play hockey, be it their first foray into this amazing sport or if they are seasoned campaigners and we will bring out the best in all of them.
For fixtures, results and match reports, please visit the King's College Sports Website by clicking here