Thank you for visiting the King's College, Taunton website.
King's College takes pride in the accessibility of its website, and is committed to ensuring that the material on the website is accessible to everyone, including individuals with disabilities. This site has been designed with a number of accessibility features which are listed below.
If you have any questions regarding this Accessibility Policy, or if you have any difficulties accessing content on our website or have trouble using any aspect of the website, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We seek to meet the Priority A, AA, and selected AAA guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. Our website is tested on a regular basis using a combination of automated tools to identify potential problem areas and manual testing to ensure we meet the spirit as well as the letter of the W3C's accessibility guidelines.
Links to other websites
Please note that the King's College website contains links to other internet websites. Those websites are not owned, operated, controlled or reviewed by King's College, and their web pages may not be fully compliant with our Accessibility Policy. The Accessibility Policies of those websites, and not the King's College Accessibility Policy, define their accessibility features, and any questions or concerns should be directed to that website's owner.
Images on our website have alternative text attributes, often known as alt text. This means that when an image is used on a web page to convey information, its content is also described in the alt text. When you use alt text, the image can be understood by text browsers and assistive technologies such as screen readers. If an image is used for simply decorative purposes, the text attribute for the image is left empty in line with accepted best practice.
Readable and resizable fonts and layout
The King's College website uses font sizes that you can control using your web browser.
You can also manually change the text size through your web browser.
To change the text size in Microsoft Internet Explorer, select View > Text size followed by your preferred text size from Smallest to Largest. The default setting is Medium.
You can change the text size in Mozilla Firefox and other Mozilla-based browsers by selecting View > Text size followed by Increase or Decrease. To return the text size to its default setting, select Normal.
The fonts on the King's College website have been chosen for their legibility on computer screens. The layout has been designed to stretch to fill the width of the browser, so that you can resize the browser to suit your own viewing preferences.
Minimising the use of images
Live text is used rather than graphics wherever possible to reduce page download time and to increase your control over text size.
- I love my time at King's and find it a fantastic school to be part of. Meiling
- Personally I think King's has some of the nicest people. Annie
- King's is an amazing place to be and what makes it special is it feels just like home. Louise
- I can tell I'm going to like it here! Amelia
- The sport at King's is very good and at a high standard. Meiling
- When I was at my prep school I always thought of King's as a school where there were more opportunities and I was completely right. Jamie
- I can already see that this is probably going to be the best few years of my life so far. I have enjoyed every moment of every lesson. Toby
- There's just so much food, it’s like a feast … every meal time! Annabelle
- King’s is a great school and I am so glad that I came here. I can tell that it was the best decision for me. Louise
- Ever since I got here, everyone has been so friendly and welcoming; it has been so easy to settle in. Toby
- First impressions are exciting and impressive. Alicia
- The hockey is very sociable and a good way to get to know your friends. Annie
- I like this school more and more every day. The teachers are good and make lessons fun. Henry
- One of my first impressions of King's was the atmosphere. Everyone seemed happy and was enjoying themselves. George
- What really impressed me was the size of the campus and vast expanding playing fields. Alicia
- The teachers are very enthusiastic and will inspire you. Nancy
- The staff are kind, the subjects are interesting, the facilities are good and I can safely say when I am grown up, I will think back happily of my memories at King's. David
- My house is very warm and lovely, everyone in there is like a family. I like getting to know the older pupils and having that bond with them as well as my own year. Meiling
- As soon as I walked into the main hall on my tour I knew King's Taunton was the school for me. Joe
- The atmosphere is just wonderful for learning. Hendrik
- I love it. And I've made loads of new friends. I can't believe the first four weeks have already gone. Leo
- It's amazing. The teachers are brilliant, they are so friendly and enthusiastic. I just want to learn here. Leo